Do you have a problem with cellulite?
If not, keep reading anyway — because this special glue (yes it is really a glue — and it is totally safe and edible) does not only have the reputation for reducing cellulite according to experts, it may also:
- Help seal holes in the gut (leaky gut)
- Improve mobility and flexibility of the joints
- Help achieve healthy weight goals
- Increase the amount of protein in your diet without adding lots of calories
- Help the body overcome food allergies
- Super charge the immune system
- Boost and protect your brain power
And whether or not you believe it, this glue (which is also a protein) is already present in your body. This glue
- Makes up 30% of all the protein found in your body
- Is the substance that gives strength to your bones, cartilage, and tendons
- Gives bounce to your hair, luster and length to your nails
- Is found in the eyes, teeth, bones, blood vessels, and muscles
- Supports almost every essential organ in the body, including heart, gallbladder, kidneys, bladder, and more
Unfortunately, at about the age of 20, the amount of naturally occurring glue in the body begins to decline. When this happens, all the systems which the glue supports begin to weaken slowly. And the process of aging begins. And for those who are not replenishing this “glue” on a regular basis through diet may experience an acceleration in the affects of aging, including wrinkles, sagging skin, weak bones, weak bladders, compromised immune systems, food allergies, and the like.
And then there is the problem of cellulite. Dr. Axe shares: 
- Cellulite is a result of fatty tissues pushing up through fibers in the skin’s upper layer, giving that recognizable dimpling associated with cellulite
- [And there is a glue that] may help to work against cellulite from the inside out, repairing and rebuilding those fibers that cause cellulite to show.
So according to Dr. Axe, there exists the great possibility that there is a “glue” that can and will reduce the appearance of cellulite on your body by strengthening the barrier between fat and skin. In fact, there are many people who testify that eating this “glue” has done that very thing. Here are some testimonies I found on the Internet from those who consumed this glue on a regular basis:
- My cellulite improved significantly.
- The cellulite on my thighs feels smoother.
- MY CELLULITE HAS VANISHED! I love it!
- I did notice an improvement in my skin and definitely in my cellulite!
- Lo and behold, I was checking myself out in the mirror one morning, and … where on EARTH did my cellulite go!?
More Than Cellulite.
But cellulite reduction is not the only amazing testimony on the Internet involving the consumption of this protein glue. Read what others have said:
- I noticed a marked improvement in my arthritic joints, after two weeks my arthritis has improved 95%.
- Besides skin, hair, and nail improvement I’ve seen menstrual cycle improvement that I had no idea would take place (collagen helps balance hormones).
- I began sleeping all the way through the night which NEVER happened before, and this was after two days of taking it.
- Within a few weeks, he no longer had the loud popping of his joints and no pain.
So I am sure by now (if you haven’t figured it out yet) you are wondering WHAT is this GLUE?
The glue that holds our bodies together and supports so many functions that bring health and peace to the body is collagen.
What Is It?
Dr. Ananya Mandal, MD writes: “Collagen is a protein made up of amino-acids, which are in turn built of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen. Collagen contains specific amino acids – Glycine, Proline, Hydroxyproline and Arginine. In nature, collagen is found exclusively in animals, especially in the flesh and connective tissues of mammals.” 
If you do not consume animal flesh, or are a vegetarian, you may not be getting the necessary proteins and amino acids to overcome this deficiency.
But vegetarians are not the only people who are not getting enough collagen in their diets according to Dr. Axe. “The simple fact is most people aren’t getting enough collagen from their diet alone.”
So what can be done?
- Make bone broth — which is an excellent natural source of collagen. You can easily make your own the Sally Fallon method. Here are some recipes from Weston A. Price: Broth is Beautiful. Just be sure you are using the right chicken. Pastured organic chicken is the best. Read more about chicken here. Drink about a cup daily.
- Buy bone broth — I talk about bone broth in this article: What You Need to Know about Pacific Bone Broth. Pacific Bone Broth is available at Costco for a reasonable price. If you’d like to find an online retailer for Pacific Bone Broth, click here for tons of options at great prices. Thrive Market also carries Pacific Bone Broth at prices below retail. Thrive Market is a membership site similar to Costco, but online and health focused. Switching to Thrive has been an important money saving choice for many. Read more about Thrive here. Drink about a cup of bone broth daily.
- Buy a good supplement — a good collagen supplement is going to be made from a grass-fed, non-gmo source (and/or organic) if it is beef. If it is chicken, it should be from a pastured, non-gmo source (and/or organic). It will have no fillers or additives. I will share some good options below. Learn more about choosing supplements here: How to Know if Yours A Perfect Supplement!
A Good Supplement.
Good collagen supplements can be found in two forms: hydrolyzed collagen and gelatin. So what is the difference?
- Hydrolyzed collagen is more processed than gelatin.
- Hydrolyzed collagen can dissolve in hot or cold liquids.
- Gelatin dissolves only in hot liquids.
- Gelatin can be used in recipes as a thickener — even to make such things as gummy bears, gelatin desserts, and marshmallows.
- Hydrolyzed collagen is said to be more bio-available.
- Gelatin may be more natural since it isn’t processed. Learn about the hydrolization process here.
- Great Lakes Gelatin Premium Grass-Fed Collagen Hydrolysate, Joint Care, GMO-Free Kosher Gelatin, 16 oz. w/ Chefwing Shaker Cup. This is the product that received all the raving reviews I mentioned above. You can read more at Amazon.com. Though the label does not say “grass fed” their website reads: “Our cattle are grass fed.” 
- Great Lakes Unflavored Beef Gelatin
- Perfect Supplements Grass Fed Bovine Gelatin
- Perfect Supplements Grass Fed Bovine Hydrolyzed Collagen
And if you are busy and always on the go, you might want to try these convenient packets so you can have your collagen with you wherever you are.
If you have health issues, be sure to check with your own doctor to make sure the safety of any new supplements. At Reformed Health, we take the approach that food is the best medicine. That is why I drink Bone Broth almost daily to get my collagen. I am also considering trying the Perfect Supplement Bovine Gelatin as well, putting it in my morning nutrition drink. [note: I have stopped using Pacific Bone Broth due to a change in ingredients. Learn more here: What You Need to Know About Pacific Bone Broth.]
How do you get your collagen?
If you found this information helpful, please share with your friends on Facebook or your other favorite social media. I appreciate it.
Also, if you are not yet following Reformed Health be sure to sign up by email at the upper right hand corner of the page next to the headline.
[Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links which help support the costs of producing ReformedHealth.net. If you purchase a product from a link on this page, it will be a great benefit to my work at Reformed Health. Thanks in advance. Read more about my affiliate policy here.]
—– —– —– —– —– —– —– —– —– —–
Reformed Health exists so you can take control of your own health and be all that God has designed you to be. The information shared on Reformed Health is the sole opinion of the author and is not meant to diagnose or treat any illness. None or our claims have been evaluated by the FDA or any other government organization. We are not medical doctors, nor do we have any medical doctors on staff. If you are having a health emergency, please call 911, contact your doctor, or visit a local emergency room. Always consult your doctor before engaging in any new exercise regime.
This page may contain affiliate links. Please refer to our affiliate policy.
© 2017 Mischelle Sandowich
All Rights Reserved