For years I found it impossible to find a box of chicken stock that meets the standard I am willing to use in my kitchen. Even most organic stocks carry some type of MSG ingredient that is hidden under another name like natural flavors.
So I used to always make my own. However, I have recently found Pacific Bone Broth, which I use in a pinch. Learn more about Pacific here: What You Need to Know About Pacific Bone Broth. [I no longer use Pacific Bone Broth]
But sometimes I still need to make my own chicken broth.
And there are four factors that guide all my cooking:
- As healthy as possible
- As inexpensive as possible
- As tasty as possible
- As quick as possible
This chicken broth recipe is a perfect balance of the above factors.
- 5 chicken drumsticks – organic or pastured
- 6 cups of healthy water (I use an Eden 5-stage alkalizing RO system)
- 3/4 tsp organic garlic granules
- 1 tsp sea salt (celtic or himalayan)
- 1/4 tsp organic black pepper
- Combine all ingredients into a 2.5 quart stock pot
- Bring to a boil
- Cook for one hour
- Remove chicken (and use meat for another recipe)
- Pour remaining broth through a fine mesh strainer (discard what is collected in strainer)
- Use broth as recipe calls
This simple stock has a tons of flavor.
If I don’t use all the stock that day, I let it cool, and freeze it in plastic bags, measuring one or two cup portions so I know how much to pull out of the freezer when I need stock again.
This stock retains its flavor even when frozen.
Reformed Health exists so you can take control of your own health and be all that God has designed you to be. The information shared on Reformed Health is the sole opinion of the author and is not meant to diagnose or treat any illness. None or our claims have been evaluated by the FDA or any other government organization. We are not medical doctors, nor do we have any medical doctors on staff. If you are having a health emergency, please call 911, contact your doctor, or visit a local emergency room. Always consult your doctor before engaging in any new exercise regime.
This page may contain affiliate links. Please refer to our affiliate policy.
© 2017 Mischelle Sandowich
All Rights Reserved