After hearing about a popular “pink drink” in the market place, I wanted to create an affordable version.  This pink tonic makes an excellent base for energy or protein drinks. I use it everyday. It is colorful, affordable, flavorful, and 100% whole food goodness.
This pink tonic is a fermented drink similar to kvass, except with carrot and ginger added. It has naturally occurring probiotics and all kinds of nutrients.
Beets are great for promoting healthy blood and have many other beneficial properties.
Carrots strengthen the eyes, and ginger has wonderful antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and anti-fungal properties.
It’s a great drink to start your day.
- 1 large organic beet peeled
- 1 tablespoon raw ginger peeled
- 4 medium organic carrots peeled
- 1/4 cup organic raw whey (If unable to find, you can make your own)
- Healthy water (I use an Eden Alkalizing RO system)
- Mince ginger in food processor
- Chop carrots and beets separately in a food processor
- Place ginger, carrots, and beets in 1/2 gallon mason jar
- Add whey
- Fill to the top with healthy water (leaving 1-2 inches)
- Cover tightly
- Leave at room temperature for 24-48 hours
- Pour off liquid and refrigerate (batch one)
- Refill jar with more healthy water
- Leave at room temperature 24-48 hours
- Pour off liquid and refrigerate (batch two)
- Repeat (batch three)
- Boil remaining ingredients in a small amount of water
- Drink the tea
 My pink tonic may share a similar color as other “pink drinks” – but it is not intended to be a duplication of any.
Reformed Health exists so you can take control of your own health and be all that God has designed you to be. The information shared on Reformed Health is the sole opinion of the author and is not meant to diagnose or treat any illness. None or our claims have been evaluated by the FDA or any other government organization. We are not medical doctors, nor do we have any medical doctors on staff. If you are having a health emergency, please call 911, contact your doctor, or visit a local emergency room. Always consult your doctor before engaging in any new exercise regime.
This page may contain affiliate links. Please refer to our affiliate policy.
© 2017 Mischelle Sandowich
All Rights Reserved